Sarah Hogarth, Licensed Massage Therapist
Sarah graduated from Port Townsend School of Massage in 2009 and has been a practicing Licensed Massage Therapist since 2010. Modalities that are incorporated into her bodywork include Swedish, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, and Reflexology for a deeply relaxing and therapeutic massage.
- I adhere to a code of ethics as stated in the American Massage Therapy Association http://www.amtamassage.org/About-AMTA/Core-Documents/Code-of-Ethics.html and to the standards of practice required by the Washington State Dept. of Health
- I work within the scope of practice of my training.
- I keep clients personal and health information confidential and am HIPPA compliant.
- I work in an environment that respects ALL people.
- Clients are draped with a sheet during the entire session. Only the parts of the body being worked on are exposed.
- My equipment is safe and clean
If you are cancelling your appointment with less than 48 hours notice, please be advised that you will be charged for the appointment. If you are using a gift certificate or pre-paid massage, your massage will be considered redeemed
All sales of gift certificates and pre-paid massage packages are final at time of purchase and no refunds will be given at a later date.
WHEN SHOULD I NOT GET A MASSAGE?
Massage is extremely useful in the treatment of so many health conditions, but there are some certain instances when you should not get massage.
Some examples of when you should not get a massage are:
- When you have a contagious skin disease or rash
- Recent stroke or heart attack
- Recent bone fracture or sprain
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- When you suspect a blood clot
- If you have acute gout
- If you are sick with the cold or flu
There are others I’m sure I haven’t covered here. If you are ever unsure please contact me or your physician. In addition massage can be effective in bringing comfort to those fighting cancer, but it is important for me to communicate with your doctor so that we can work at appropriate times during your treatment. I may require a doctors note and a release of information so to treat you in a way that helps and not harms